Sleepy Seahorse's "Frienditions," a full-length covers album featuring songs originally written and performed by Idaho-based musicians, is out now. The album is available at The Record Exchange (1105 W. Idaho St, Boise) and online via Bandcamp.
The album's final single, "You Are" (originally by Built to Spill), is also now available. Sleepy Seahorse released all nine tracks from the album in a series of preview singles this spring.
Corsentino played and recorded the songs on "Frienditions" using a combination of guitars, horns and computer technology. The album can best be characterized as a love letter from Corsentino to the Boise music scene that has inspired him throughout his entire life.
released May 13, 2016
songs written by Z.V. House, Marty Chase Martin, Brett Netson, Elijah Jensen-Lindsey, Brett Nelson, Cam Bouiss, Eric Gilbert, Lisa Simpson, Clarke Howell, Dug Martsch, and Jeremy Jensen
performed, recorded, and mastered by Joey Corsentino while the baby was sleeping
special guest vocals on "Pannin' For Gold" by Elizabeth Corsentino
original versions can be found on the following albums:
1. Waterfowl Of Eastern Canada, by A Seasonal Disguise (2012)
2. Sleepy Seeds, by Sleepy Seeds (2014)
3. The Medicine Is All Gone, by Caustic Resin (1997)
4. Goth Congress, by With Child (2008)
5. John Hughes Was Never So Wrong, by The Suffocation Keep (2001)
6. A Soldier, A Saint, An Ocean Explorer, by Finn Riggins (2007)
7. The Well-Rounded Clarke And The Himselfs (2015)
8. Ancient Melodies Of The Future, by Built to Spill (2001)
9. Making The Case For Me, by The Very Most (2004)
all rights reserved